INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
UGC in the XI Plan made a policy decision that all higher educational institutes may establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to maintain the momentum of quality consequences. IQAC was conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding, and maintaining Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the institution. The IQAC was constituted on 22nd April 2021 and is functional with Director-Incharge as the Chairman, eight senior faculty members, two administrative officers, and two management committee members.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, effective, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of RSMT
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for the participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality-related themes, and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of the academic and administrative audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.